Sr. Brand Planning Director
Martin Williams Advertising is looking for an experienced Brand Planning Director to join the integrated account team servicing a leading North American brand.
Who you are?
You are a brand strategist by trade with a deep understanding of brand strategy and traditional brand building. You have recent work examples and stories to share that show your strategic chops, leadership, and brand prowess. Major points (like to the front of the line you go!) if you are someone experienced with how cultural strategy intersects with brand strategy to create breakthrough messages and relevant ideologies in today’s modern world.
This Senior strategy role must have experience with B-C clients and have an understanding and appreciation for brand planning, particularly through a cultural strategy lens. This role will be fully dedicated to one of our largest and most developing accounts, and work closely on a cross-functional team to create and implement short and long-term cross channel strategies that ultimately result in work that makes an impact in the market and in the world.
This person will lead the strategy effort team for this key account and needs to work in collaboration with the agency account leads and creative lead. This person will also frequently interface with senior-level clients and other agency partners. You need to think well on your feet, not be afraid to present work, respond to questions, defend a position, and tell a well-timed joke. We take ourselves seriously, but we are a close-knit team, and know how to have a good laugh together.
- Leading US branding efforts for our fastest growing agency account
- Building/leading a cultural strategy focus that melds creative with breakthrough, brand-, media-, and customer- driven insights
- Working intimately with cross-disciplinary leadership team on brand, overall marketing strategy, and campaign execution
- Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, and competitive dynamics to inform the team and clients of relevant implications/opportunities for their business
- Represent the client’s customers in client meetings
- Thoughtful, persuasive presenter with ability to create and build a strategy deck from scratch
- Strong presentation skills (does not get rattled in front of audiences, and is good on feet)
- Craft concise creative briefs and provide clear persuasive briefings to creatives and other key team members
- Strong collaborator – excellent listening skills
- Knows how to bring people along in the journey
- Strong “merchandising” skills when it comes to storytelling, sharing of work, championing a brand idea
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum required
- At least 10 years’ ad agency experience in planning at a creative agency, cultural strategy agency or on the client side of a creative brand showing experience in setting a long-term strategic vision that creates account and opportunity growth.
- The ability to see the future of the CPG space and articulate and interpret that vision for clients.
- Proven experience developing teams from entry level to director level to grow the competency and capability of the department, including experience with dotted line relationships to other departments.
- Thought leader who is current on advertising theory and how it works so it can be applied in new ways to the clients’ business.
- Executive presence and the ability to speak confidently to client and internal executive teams, to tactfully defend a new point of view and be comfortable adapting to feedback.
- Ability to travel required
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying