ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR/CONTROLLER, MEDIA BILLING & PAYING
Status: Reports to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor/Controller are the Media Estimators (3).
Objectives: To supervise and participate in the performance of the following:
- Bill clients for media space and time purchases in accordance with client billing instructions and standard agency procedures.
- Pay media suppliers in a timely basis in accordance with established or contracted rates.
- Keep the CFO advised of all potential and actual problems within the media billing and paying areas.
- Be responsible for the payment and information flow between Strata, AccountAbility and OASYS Accounting System.
Responsibilities: Supervise the media estimators in performing the following work in accordance with client billing instructions and agency procedures.
- Maintain open insertion order files by billing date.
- On billing date, pull insertion orders and compute billing costs based on rates provided by Media Estimating.
- Prepare invoices neatly based on insertion orders and in accordance with the client’s billing instructions.
- Set up accounting distribution on accounting copy of the invoices.
- Process adjustment invoices based on corrected insertion orders, revised estimates, credits or additional charges from suppliers.
- Match supplier invoices to insertion orders.
- If they agree, attach invoice to ID. Indicate discount, net payment and payment date. Post to publication record card and file by date payment is due.
- If they do not agree, route to media estimating for reconciliation, but maintain a control so payment dates are not missed.
- On payment date, type checks for all invoices that are due to be paid.
Month-End, Quarter-End, Year-End accounting duties
- Assist in the monthly close process to compile the entries needed to integrate with the general accounting system.
- Ensure billing is complete and accounts are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Work closely with CFO to ensure media accounts are reported accurately for each period close.
- 5-7 years of media billing experience on the Strata media system.
- Able to be a conduit with the media and account teams for all topics related to media billing and paying
- Must be able to supervise and work with others.
- This position is for a working manager. The ideal candidate will be supervising media estimators as well performing billing and payment procedures.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying